How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

P90X: "My Last Rough Week" Day 64/65 of 90

Phase II of P90X has been pretty intense.  I have one more week of hard workout sets.  I had to make some adjustments to the program to accommodate some school vacation.  I also made some changes due to moving from Lean to Classic.

The normal P90X program, lean or classic, goes like this.

Phase I, 3 weeks hard workouts.  1 week recovery.
Phase II, 3 weeks hard workouts.  1 week recovery.
Phase III, 4 weeks hard workouts.  1 week recovery.

This is what mine has been so far.

Phase I, 3 weeks hard Lean workouts.  1 week recovery.
Phase II, 1 week hard Lean workouts.  3 weeks hard Classic workouts.  No recovery.
Phase III, 2 weeks hard Classic workouts.  RECOVERY.

I am going to come back from RECOVERY and finish Phase III, with 3 weeks hard Classic and then final recovery.

I have basically added two weeks to the program but have gone 6 weeks straight with no recovery.

I feel fine.  Really.

I just feel like this recovery week coming up next week is very welcome and very needed.  I think my Beachbody Coaches will agree.

This week I made some upgrades to the Chest and Shoulders routine.  I got myself a 40 lb dumbbell as an upgrade to the 30's I was using.  That's for the lawnmowers etc.  I also got another 100 lb band to go from 100 to 200 total lbs on the bands.  So my bands for pullups are now up to 200 lbs.  I WILL get to full pullup ability.  I do the pullups on my knees and then as I pull, the resistance is so heavy I am now pulling my body weight off the floor to counter it.  I am actually doing many sets with the same weight as the best P90X cast members.

I will say this...I am working this stuff harder than any physical fitness routine in my life.  I show up every day.  I push play.  I work til I drop.  I'm watching my nutrition very carefully.  Results are happening.  No joke, it works.  Also, it can work at fifty years old.  I started losing weight when I was forty six.  I started P90X at fifty.  I started it...it can change your life.  If you want to.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment