How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

P90X: "When You Get Off Track" Day 62 of 90


No matter how you plan, there will always be things that pop up unexpectedly and bump against your plan.  That’s life…you and other stuff all bumping together in a mix.  Every plan can get knocked off track.

It happened to me yesterday.  I have been doing P90X for sixty days and have not missed a day.  Yesterday, we went after work to celebrate the launching of a project that we have been building for a year.  I knew I was going to get home later than usual and planned on simply doing my workout later.  I planned on it.  I had every intention of following through right up to the point where I fell asleep on the commuter train from Boston to my stop in Attleboro, MA.  Do you know where the train goes when you miss the Attleboro stop?  I knew it was somewhere in southern Rhode Island.  Now, I know exactly where it is.  I got home two hours later at 11PM.  Needless to say, I didn’t work out.

I think the most important thing to remember is to always have a backup plan.  Not only should the plan address contingencies, but it should also contain the way back to the path you were on.

The thing I always try to remember, and it is true, is that a plan is no more than a path to a destination.  There are many ways to get to Las Vegas from Boston.  That path has many offshoots and side roads.  The most important thing, though, is to keep that destination in front of you and to keep moving.  If you get bumped off track, start looking for that entrance ramp back to the highway.

That’s where I am today.  Heading up that entrance ramp back to my P90X highway.  Yesterday is going to be the break day that Friday is usually reserved for.  I will do the Wednesday/Thursday routines on Thursday/Friday.

It should be interesting to see how my body adapts to the change in rhythm…but not SO interesting that I want to make this a regular thing.  It's a bump in the road.

So don’t get thrown off.  Don’t use the bump, no matter how big, as an excuse to stop.  Just get back to the path as soon as possible and keep going.

That’s what I’m going to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment