How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Inspiration From Special Places

When I started this diet I was driven personally to success. I didn't care what people thought. I didn't care what they said. I was committed and would not be denied. Once the diet was done successfully and I achieved my goals, people began to hit me with all kinds of questions.

"How did you do it?"

"How much have you lost?"

Many people have been on diets or have been challenged to make changes in their lives that were necessary. It became apparent to me that people weren't looking for answers. They were looking for inspiration. Inspiration is what makes you take the next step. It's what has you stay focused on your goal. It's what makes you walk for the diet exercise, even in the rain. It's the 'something extra' that helps you realize that what you are aiming for, even when it looks hard, is possible.

That said, I really wanted to be able to do that for others in a way that was funny, serious, and believable.

Every so often, I come across something that inspires me. I would be terribly remiss if I didn't pass that on to any of you reading this.

I am 47 years old (or young depending on your perspective). There are a lot of things in my life that I feel I still have left to accomplish. I also wonder at times if, given my..um..experience, whether I will still be afforded the opportunity by others to be able to do those things. Realizing that I may never be able to do those things without help, having others who are willing to help, to take a chance, to have confidence, is not always something I think will be there. Every so often you see a bright shiny star come along that reminds everyone watching that anything is possible. People desperately wanted to laugh at her. She possesses something very special that, if you could bottle it, would be more valuable than the best diet formula. That's because diets are a dime a dozen...and what she has, is rare and extraordinary.

I saw this today and I am going to keep this blog entry short. Please watch this video of Susan Boyle on the British version of American Idol, "Britain's Got Talent". It is more than inspiring...it will bring tears to your eyes.

>Susan Boyle on YouTube in Britain's Got Talent

Next: Vacation and Diets

No comments:

Post a Comment