How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

P90X: "Check the Fuel Level!" Day 41 of 90


I am at Day 41 of P90X.  I am leaner right low than I have ever been in my life, including my four years in the Army almost thirty years ago.  This workout affects just about every muscle in your body.  The diet on this regime is also, if followed well, pretty strict.  I am at a point now where I think I need to make some changes to my diet. 

In the first thirty days, my body was using a lot of my existing fat stores for fuel in addition to the food I was putting into it.  When I exercised, I always had sufficient energy.  As my fat stores deplete themselves and slowly become nothing more than excess skin, I feel like I may be burning out in some of the routines due to lack of caloric intake.  It might be other things as well but right now, given how rigid I am with my diet and routine, I think it’s the fuel.

I am going to research a little today and ask for some nutritional counseling.  I do know that I don’t log what I eat…mainly because it is the same almost every day.  I also know that it is a calorie level that is under what I am burning.  The weight is coming off so I know I am taking in less than I am burning.

The things I think I need to know are (1) the best sources of muscle building protein and (2) the best vitamins and minerals necessary to convert those sources INTO real muscle.

I am also going to try to change my exercise routine slightly so I can get to sleep earlier.  This week we adjust the clocks for Spring and my body has taken a few days to adjust.  I know it sounds stupid but my body runs with the consistency of a clock these days and small changes in routine are instantly noticeable.
Short blog today…I have research to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment