How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

P90X: "Hey, I did these before! Again and again!!" Day 59 of 90

I find myself looking forward to the P90X workout every night.  Lately, my life has been almost non-stop between work, family, exercise, things like taxes and yard work.  Where have my moments for blogging gone?

Tomorrow is day 60...pictures day.  I think there have been changes...but we will see.

So Day Three of Classic workout, Phase III, is the Arms and Shoulders routine and Ab Ripper X.  I breezed through ARX.  

While the next routine was new to this phase, it was not totally new.  I did the Arms and Shoulders in the first three weeks of the program. I broke out the notes I took on the workout in phase 1.  Guess what?  I increased considerably in weight and reps.  Considerably.  It was great to have a routine in Week 1 of ANY phase where I actually knew a little about the routine and reps.  This was great.

When I was done and went upstairs, my daughter looked up from her homework and said, "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

She looked at me in wonder and said, "Your muscles are getting huge and your chest is more defined than I think it has ever been!"

"Yeah, I can feel it...pretty cool, eh?"

She looked back down at her homework and then quipped, "Yup, you still have a little 'muffin-top' though.  Keep working."

Sixteen year olds.  What are you gonna do?

I really pushed hard and burnt a lot o goo around the muscles!  Going to bed to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment