How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

P90X: "New Exercise and Plyo...Phase III starts" Day 57/58 of 90

started Phase III yesterday.  The one thing I have come to not like is learning a new exercise set in the Adaptive phase.  I always feel like I lost a day, and I hate that.  My day one of Phase III is Chest and Back.  I never know what to do with the weight...how much weight, how many reps.  I got through it though.


On the plus side.  I have completely mastered the Ab Ripper X.  All exercises, all reps, NO PAUSE.  That took some real work to do.  Getting through the entire Mason Twist and the Pfiffer Scissors sets were always my biggest challenge and the final goal.  Done.  Did it.  I even do the situps in cross-legged position and the leg climbers with only one grab and the knee completely bent.  Feels awesome.


The Chest and Back, as with any new routine, left me feeling tight this morning.  I should have mentioned that a significant change has occurred in the "repair" after the routines...no more "sore."  I now know the areas I am working because they have an odd tightness the next day....like some wound has been spackled or something.  It is pretty cool.  I look forward to my improvements in C&B because the last half of the routine had me so burned out that the reps had practically halved themselves from the first set.  When so many of the sets are maximum reps, how are you supposed to double-down on them when you completely burn yourself out?  Someone is going to have to 'splain that one to me.


Today, my favorite, Plyometrics.  Just can't get enough of that one.  Love the intensity and love the sweat.


I find myself these days struggling to find words for this.  Mainly because it is simply a matter of doing it.  It's not painful but it can be exhausting.  It is not new...because you do the same routines over and over.  "Just push play" and keep going.  That's all I do...over and over again.  You should do that too.


Day 60 pics coming in two days.


Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment