How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Monday, April 9, 2012

P90X: "What Day Is It?" Day 66 of 90


I am at a strange point in the workouts.  I will be in the middle of a routine, and the exercises are introduced by Tony.  I know exactly what’s coming up…but when I start into the routine, it feels like I did that set (Kempo X for example) just a couple of days ago.  It has been like that now for a couple of weeks.  It never feels like the last time was a whole week ago, it feels like yesterday sometimes.  It’s very weird.  I will see certain cast members and it feels like we were just doing this.

I know all the exercises.  I even know all the dialogue in my head.  I know Tony’s bad jokes…and I know when he is taking breaks.  I know when a move is about to be corrected, so I do it before it is said.  I am also counting in my head.

I know all the spots in the routines where the moves are shortened or messed up.  I know that in Yoga, the first side worked out is always longer than the second.  Maybe Tony runs out of patience.  I know that, in Yoga, when I am in Downward Dog and need to pull my knee to my chin, that it is three times on the right but only two on the left, so I do one more.  I know the spots where it feels more like a race and less like Yoga.

I know which cast members I look forward to seeing and which ones I don’t.  What I find strange is that I remember the names of the ones I don’t like but I can’t recall the ones I do. 

I know Wesley Idol kills me.  I hate watching him through the Kempo X routine.  He is always dogging it.  He doesn’t even look like he is trying.  The worst is that he has to stand next to one of my favorites, Tony the ex-marine, who always uses great form and gives it his all.

I know I really can’t stand Dom in the Plymetrics.  Bouncy Dom.  It’s not because he can bounce either…it’s because he’s doing all the exercises with some weird form that seemingly is meant to simply show off that he can bounce.  If I didn’t squat deep into the exercises, like you are supposed to, I could do what he is doing.  All he is doing is going for height and distance while putting no intensity on his legs.  When he has to actually squat…he is toast.  Nothing annoys me more than when he is spinning into the 360 degree jumps to show off.  He looks like a child in third grade.  He bothers me.

I know that I always smile when I see Sophia, the girl studying to be a dentist.  She makes me smile.  She is like that girl in your high school class that was always quiet but steadily doing what she was supposed to, like studying.  She never uses weights but I don’t care.

I even know when the camera is unflattering.  Like in Legs and Back, when they have used too much pancake makeup on Dreya and she looks like some kind of Michael Jackson freakazoid in some close up shots.

It’s all bleeding together.  I think that’s good.  I don’t like it when my life feels like it is moving at that pace…but I don’t really mind when P90X does that.

I think if you find yourself feeling this way…you are consistently bringing it and doing it right

No comments:

Post a Comment