How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

P90X3: Day 9 of 90. Agility X. Feeling Awesome.

awesome cute puppy
Yes!! You'll have that day after you start P90X.  It's usually in week two, right about now.  You do those routines, those damn killer routines, a second time.

"Wait.  What the...?"  My chart says I did 5 and now it's 8.  Really?"

Or, as you start an exercise...

"Crap.  I was awful at these last week.  This is going to be...what?  30 seconds to go?  That's when I stopped last week.  My legs hurt...and TIME!!!  What the...I finished?  Man!! I finished!!"

This is the week where you find out that you are going to do well.  This is where you get that first jolt of motivation to keep going.  As you look as those instructors, and you did the same (or almost the same) reps as they did, keep this one thought in mind.  They are never getting any better than they are, on that DVD, right now.  That's it.  They'll never improve.  But, you will.  There will come a time when you are doing those exercises and you realize that you have passed them.  It's coming.

For me, this week, it was those damn lunges.  For those of you reading this blog, as you will recall, last week at this time I was sitting with an icepack on my muscles.  Not this week.  This week, I crushed it without a twinge.  Not ONE twinge.  I felt great.  No, I felt awesome.  I bet you are all feeling a little awesome this week.  And, this little dog knows it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment