How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

P90X: "Changes" Day 23 of 90

I'm not trying to hide the fact that this P90X program that I am undertaking has, as it's primary goal, to change the way my body looks.  I will say, though, that how my body looks is just evidence.  The true goal is to greatly improve my physical condition. The only visible barometer is 'how it looks.'  That said, when I want to know if this is working, the first thing I do is look for the changes.  There are a lot things that I observe during each workout, as I see improvements in every set of repetitions more vigor expended, but the most obvious indication is found in the mirror every morning.

There have been a lot of changes in three weeks.  I'm not going to go into great detail except to say that there are areas that I thought would always be a little flabby that are thinning out.  My legs are becoming more defined, my stomach is much tighter and, yes, there are some abs showing (for the record I always knew they were there buried underneath).

It's been a little more than three weeks and I am not even one third of the way there but the results are alarming.  They are so alarming that my wife and son are now doing the Tony Horton Thirty-Minute Power Half-Hour.  When the results inspire others, you know it is working.

For those of you following this, I did the Core Synergistics today and really worked myself into a sweat.  Every workout has been an improvement.  This is my warm-down week so I also did the treadmill as well for about thirty minutes.

It's Oscar night and I have been a massive movie fan my whole life.  Gonna relax and prep for this week.

Thanks P90X for putting just one more thing in front of me to challenge my way of thinking and my belief that nothing in life is impossible with the right drive and dedication.

See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment