How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

P90X: "Completed Phase II, A Retrospective" Day 56 of 90

Phase II is officially complete.  Today I finished Phase II plus the added week when I jumped to Classic from the Lean program.

First, I feel terrific.  Knock on wood, I got through this five weeks with no injuries.  No ripped hip flexors, no dislocated shoulders.  There were times when I felt like the workouts were good, but not hard enough.  There were times when my sweat just wouldn't come.

I have to keep reminding myself that these workouts are made so that every Phase is harder.  When I jumped from Lean to Classic, I upped the ante so to speak.  The only effect seems to be my electrolytes which appear to be taking a real hard hit from the workouts and diet.  My diet is very clean and almost salt free.  I also take in a lot of water.  It would appear that as the water leaves my body, it is stripping me of all the electrolytes.  I have started making sure that I replenish my salt reserves.

I am going to post new photos in about 4 days.  That will be the true test of progress.

What does the next phase hold for me?  I need to start Phase III tomorrow and slide my off week out a couple to accommodate a vacation at school break.  This should be something.  Anyway, my body has settled in, is changing nicely, and there are no damaging effects of the workout.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment