How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Friday, March 23, 2012

P90X: "Rewards" Day 49 of 90


Today I am officially at seven weeks and it is my ‘off day.’  Usually this day is reserved for eating a little reactively than typical.  Maybe a little pizza and salad.  Going somewhere with the family after dinner so we can all catch up.  Today I really need to catch up on stuff.  When you are running so hard after your own goals, you may find as I have that some regular things get forgotten or left behind.  I don’t mean family, of course you can’t escape that…ha ha.  I mean things like the yardwork.  Some dusty corners around the house.  Your taxes!  Eeek.

I also need some well-earned sleep.  I took a certain someone to see the “Hunger Games” midnight premiere.  I went to see it too of course…remembering, as all good dad’s should, to sit away from your child and hide in the corner like some creepy ‘older guy’ stalker.  Now I know where, when I was a kid, that weird guy came from.  At least that makes me feel better.

Sleep right now is a gift I would cherish most of all.

I did my Kempo X last night.  All went very well as usual.  There have been no updates from me really on how I have been progressing.  I really don’t have much to say except that I continue to consistently ‘do it’ and it gets a little easier every time.  The Back and Biceps this week was a major improvement over last week with many increases in weight with only a slight decrease in reps.  The bands helped me greatly on Monday and Wednesday in the pull-ups.  I felt the shoulders really get used there.

The injury front is, knock on wood, not an issue anymore.

The food issues and the lack of energy on some days have been improved with the addition of more nutrient dense food in my diet.  Thanks Melissa Binkley.

So all is going along.

I have one more week of Phase II as I added an additional Adaptive week when I went from Lean to Classic.  So next week is my last Phase II week and some pictures are coming up in about eleven days.  My visual review is that a lot of changes have occurred.

Enough for now.  Today, I have my rewards.  Not crazy stuff…it’s the little things!  Happy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment