How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

P90X: "The Cardio Feels Great This Time" Day 9 of 90

Great workout today.  Again, like yesterday, I have improved based off of how I did last week.  Did ALL the exercises.  Sweat like crazy.  It actually was more comfortable to complete.  I felt so good when I was done that I did 3.5 miles on the treadmill.

I will know more tomorrow when I can zero in on how well I 'heal.'

A comment I heard today was, "When you set your mind on something, you become obsessed with it."  I gave that a lot of thought.  Is it obsessed?  Or is it committed and driven?  Are committed and driven people obsessed with getting to their goals?  If you are not committed and driven to your goals...why set them?  And if you are not going to set goals...what is the intent of your existence?  Not that an existence is hollow without goals...but even if your intent is to just live a happy life, aren't you compelled to create happy situations for yourself?  I guess I view my 'obsession' with achieving my goals as a natural component to setting them.

I just cannot separate the creation of a hard goal from the physical and emotional commitment it takes to do it.  I usually blog a point of view...but tonight I am going to bed in contemplation of the answer for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment