How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

“Getting Stronger” LesMills Combat: Day 10 of 90



I did Combat 45 and Pump Challenge last night.  Before I did that though, I built a step bench so that, when I do the weights, I can get my elbows lower and get better chest extension.  I could feel the work even more…always a great thing.

Combat 45 is really good and I am getting to a point where, now that I know the routine, I can focus on form and intensity.  I know things are going well when I am sweating and my breathing is at a steady but quick interval.  I can feel it more as I put my entire body into the punch and kick moves.

It’s not enough to just throw the arm out there.  That’s not the way this works.  You have to put the torque of your body as well as the driving of the legs into your kicks and punches.  You will begin to feel the strength increase as you do this.  You will also notice that you more closely conform to what you are seeing the Instructors do on the video.

One criticism.  Seriously, would it be a DicksDiet review without some criticism?  Stretching.  Or the lack thereof.  I think they need to do more stretching prior to the workout.  It’s an area where P90X excels, Insanity is okay, but LesMills Combat is lacking.  I have begun doing my own stretching (thanks Tony Horton) before the workouts to get warm and not pull any muscles.  It really helps before the routines where you have to use your legs.  And there are a lot of them.

One thing I do NOT have a criticism for…yet.  The instructors on the DVD.  All really good, all really giving it their all so far.  No one slouching.  It’s what I like to see.  Nothing worse than working your butt off while someone on the DVD just plays along.

That’s it for today…it’s break day!  So that means Ab Ripper X tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment