How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

P90X3: Day 1 of 90. Post-Workout. READ THIS!!

This is the ONLY time I will post 2 blogs in one day for P90X3.  Why today?  Because today is critical.

You will feel two ways on Day One.  You will be absolutely psyched before...and a conglomeration of emotions and physical feelings when you finish your first workout.

You all saw my photos.  I am not some Beachbody super-soldier.  I am just like you.  I just finished Total Synergistics.  It's been a long time since I felt this way.  Its been 20 minutes now and my heart is still beating quickly.  My arm muscles are shaking...I am actually supporting my forearms as I type this.

I couldn't do the whole workout.  I had to hit pause a few times...okay, many times.  But, I completed the whole thing.  I didn't do it in the 30 or so minutes...more like 40-45.  Overall, I did pretty good given where I am right now physically.  That's the key.  You are NOT supposed to look like the people on the DVD or do what they can do on Day One.  This is not their first day...it's yours.  What you are looking at, is your goal. Remember that.

In terms of the exercises, like I said, pretty much what I expected.  Arm exercises were pathetic, mainly because they have to exert against about 15-20 lbs more than when I was doing P90X at day 90.  Pullups?  Forget about keeping pace. All I want to do is keep going until I can't do anymore.  I am all lower body weight, and it kills my arms.  All the squat exercises?  Easy. Why?  Because my legs support my larger body weight daily and have been doing it my whole fat life.  Adding 20 lbs to a frame that was about 285 lbs for a good portion of my life is not really a chore.

I wrote a lot today, and my arms are tired.  This was what I blogged on Day One in 2012 after my first day:

"i am too tired to use caps.  i did like, half to three quarters of the workouts until I was burnt.  i don't want to accidentally break or rip something and have to stop.  on one exercise, I could barely do it at all...the ice skating side to side leg raise thingy.  i'm dead, never tried anything like this in my life.  now i am getting some water, vitamins and a protein bar.  ughhhhh.  i WILL get there.
incidentally, I now know why people lose weight on this workout...it's difficult to eat if you can't raise your arms.  good thing they ended with a yoga downward dog stretch...I may have to eat from my dog's bowl for a while.

okay...will let you know how things are tomorrow.  somehow it feels like i may be sore...really?  wow.  genius."  


If you remember one thing today, remember this.  Everyone feels this way and next week, on Day 8, when you do this workout again after having done a week of these routines, you will be shocked at how much better you do.  Trust me.

Today is critical. This is the day when you are most vulnerable to saying, "I can't do this."  Listen closely...YES YOU CAN.  Give it one more week and see how Day 8 feels.  Now, go drink your shake and take some protein.  And hydrate!!  And get your sleep tonight, although I think that might come easy.  All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment