How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

P90X: Can Mortals Do This? Day 2 of 90

Day Two.  Wow.  Guess what?  I apparently have muscles in my ass that I was not aware of.  I am, however, aware of them now.  I woke up and had to kind of stretch myself a little before I got out of bed.  I did not just hop out.  I am really pretty sore in some odd places as well as some familiar ones.

Okay, I took and posted the pictures.  A couple of observations here.  There are many people who tell me, when I am in clothes, "You are thin enough! You don't need to lose any more weight!"  These pictures are screaming a different opinion.  That is a beautiful little ring of fat I am sporting around the middle.  There are a lot of area's on this awesome specimen of a man that need some serious work.  The good news is that, 90 days from now, that set of photos will HAVE to look better.  I can also tell why my chiropractor keeps wanting to do work on me...check out the height of my shoulders...the left is pulled high while the right is sagging.  This must be just fantastic for my spine and back muscles!  All right, I need to go and do my workout.  Day Two, "Cardio X".

Before I leave this to work out, I should say something about my motivation here.  When I was a kid, my parents would let me do anything I wanted to do, so long as I gave it a good shot and didn't quit.  There has been very very little in my life that I have committed to do and then just quit.  I think I can count them on one hand.  I am really proud of that.  I know I can do this.  Most people who are just trying to diet, or do something challenging in their life, will wonder all the time whether they can do it.  I will tell you this from personal experience...nothing is going to improve your life, or your perspective on it, like having a small success that came from work and persistence.  The small successes will give you enough confidence that you will take on a bigger challenge, until one day you tell yourself that there is NOTHING you cannot do.

Think about all the things you have done in your life that came from work and persistence.  So often we discount those things in our lives and forget them.  Remember them.  Relish them.  They are your fuel.

Let's see what this program takes.  I'll be your guinea pig.  If you want to do it...just do it.  I'm going to...unless it kills me first...but I think I will win this one.

One other observation on those pictures...I have heinous legs.  Where did those even come from?  They look like my father's...so I will give him some credit.  Off to workout...

[Two Hours Later]

yep...same feeling as yesterday.  couldn't do 100% of all the reps in every exercise.  weird though...I thought I would be too sore to do the second day very well.  they must have the program set up so that you use variations of muscles so certain ones can repair.  i am still sore...but it isn't debilitating, you just kind of know you did something rigorous and demanding.  Cardio X has yoga in it..something I have never done and frequently laugh at because it looks stupid.  it is hard, not stupid.  i am stupid.  there is Kempo Karate, which is fun and tiring.  the first four reps are fun, the twenty to twenty fifth reps are not.  lots of leg work.

okay.  it's Super Bowl Sunday and our own New England Patriots are looking for their fourth win in eleven years...protein, vitamins, water and a shower are calling.  See you tomorrow!!  Soon I will begin posting what I eat each day...I am going to log it so I might as well show it.

No comments:

Post a Comment