How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

P90X3: P90X, but Accelerated. Preparation Day 1

Hey!!!  Guess who's back?  It's Dick...and I need a workout.  Big time.  Why?  Because I've been a bad boy.  After spending 2012 and the first part of 2013 seriously kicking Beachbody butt with P90X (great results), Insanity (great results), LesMills Pump (so so results) and LesMills Combat (so so results)...I got complacent.  I took time off...too much time.  I went back to some old bad habits of snacking before bed, a few too many sweets, and watching a lot of television.  I STOPPED exercising for long periods of time.  Did I have a reason?  Lots of them.  Many too personal to go through here but let's just say that it culminated in me losing my job to layoffs and my mom passing away in October of 2013.

The good news?  I feel like I have a lot of personal stuff behind me...isn't it weird it was 2013?  13??  I am so looking forward to 2014.  And, to top it all off, my good bud, Tony Horton over at Beachbody has come out with a brand new routine, P90X3.  It's an accelerated version of P90X to be done in 30-40 minutes per day.  It's just what I need to take myself from where I am now to where I was in April of 2012.  I'm pretty fired up and plan on blogging the whole thing.  New routine, new material.

I am starting this blog differently than others.  I have a preparation method this time.  For the last four routines, I pretty much popped in the DVD's and just did it.  This time, I am reading...YES, READING...the manuals.  Then, I am going to lay out the DVD's I will be doing in the first month and view each one.  The ones with weights, I am actually going to try prior to DAY ONE of the workout.  I want to make sure I have all the right dumbbells and equipment and that I have measured my limits.

The next thing I am doing is prepping my body.  I have been eating well.  I eat pretty much the same thing every day.  So, why am I somewhat out of shape?  Because, you can eat less all day long and not keep a great look.  How?  Your metabolism just slows down to adjust for the low food intake.  I will cover all of this during the workout but let's just say that in the next two weeks I will be doing at least 45 minutes per night on the treadmill.  I need to up the metabolic rate.  Bottom line is, to lose weight and maintain fitness, you have to exercise.  YOU HAVE TO EXERCISE.  We weren't meant to be sedate. 

My diet?  I think, except for sometimes seconds at dinner and a snack before bed, I can do what I do normally.  Alcohol?  Gone.  My liver needs to be clean to process fats in the most efficient manner.  Anything with Aspartame and Sucralose?  Gone.  My liver needs to not have to process chemicals...just fat.  So, ice water it is...with lemon.  Coffee?  Two cups per day, low fat milk.  Water...all day long.  Focus on eating less sugar items...it's easy for them to creep in.  More fruit.

Other things?  Sleep...I am a huge offender of not getting enough.  My goal is 7 hours of sleep per night.  I get up at 7:30AM these days, so getting to bed by 12:30AM should be easy.

I am going to print the workout sheets and do the body measurements.  I am also going to post my starting point, for all to see.

Lastly, I am back to blogging.  Why?  I like to write and I also am of the mindset that when I do this, it keeps my brain on the diet track.  Okay, enough for tonight. When does this begin?

January 6th, 2014....two weeks from tomorrow.

If you want in, email me.  RTSTJACQUES@comcast.net.  We can all do it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment