How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

P90X: "Does This Really Work?" Day 8 of 90

Week One Redux.  Back to Core Synergistics.  This will be my second time through this routine.  This goes on for about three weeks so this is going to be a common occurrence.  I need to know something and I need to know it now, "Does this really work?"  I reread last weeks blog on this, which is great because I can also pick up on my state of mind as I finished the workout the first time around.  I have noted the following:

(a) Notice I am typing in capital letters.  That should signify one thing.  When I finished, I could still lift my arms.  I was exerted, but not damaged.  It also made it a lot easier to put together my shakeology recovery lunch drink.

(b) When I did the "Skater side-to-side leg raise thingy" (as I referred to it last week), this time, I did the whole exercise and could bring my legs off the floor on every rep!  That one shocked me.  Last week, I couldn't do two.  I spent 95% of the time last week with my toe glued to the floor, unable to lift the leg.

(c) The pushups where you roll to the side and raise your arm to the ceiling...could do those too!

(d) I did the entire thing and added in two of the three bonus exercises.  I felt so guilty about not doing the last bonus exercise that I went up and speed walked on the treadmill for twenty minutes and ripped off another 200 calories.

This week, I saw a major improvement and am really psyched to do every workout to see what gains I have made.  Also, (little vanity check here) I am continuing to see physical changes in the mirror.  More refinement.  More definition.  Some visual muscle in place where they were covered with a little "goo" (as Tony Horton refers to it).

So, YES.  It really works.  YES, it is hard.  But YES, it is worth it.  I feel like I am doing a lot for my physical condition.

Seeing improvement right now is the barometer I am using for my success...and I am pretty jazzed up for the rest of the week.

More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment