How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"Somedays, life gets in the way" LesMills Combat: Day 5 of 90

Sometimes life gets in the way.  The other night when I was doing my workout, I moved a ceiling tile so that I could do the weight work.  When I did, a speck of the tile...a speck...dropped into my eye.  I thought it would find its way out of my eye.  Nope.  A day and half later, this evening, there I was in the ER having the eye flushed and looked at.  The doc said he couldn't see anything but that I had an abrasion on the cornea.  I know there was an abrasion...it was from the thing he couldn't find that was scratching the crap out of my eye.  Well, when I got home, I managed to swab the eye and get the speck out.  While all this was going on, it felt like my guts were falling out.  It felt like the flu was coming on.

So I got home tonight and had some chicken soup and had a cup full of trail mix.  You know what?  I felt better.  So I decided to push through.  HIIT: Plyo.  Went up and changed.

I got through the entire thing.  Needed a few breaks but not unusual for week one of a new workout.  I sweat like crazy and finished it.  It felt good.  It felt really good to get through the workout despite the nausea that had started and the eye thing.

HIIT: Plyo is a rough routine on the legs.  Luckily, my legs and plyo have always been my strength.  So it was a good night to push through.  The one thing I don't like to allow is for a program to be derailed.  In P90X and Insanity, I would just push the routine through a rest day, so I could finish on time.

That's the lesson of the day.  Don't stop.  Unless you absolutely have to, you stay with it.  Sometimes life gets in the way.  If you let it, it will stop your progress.  So don't let it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment