How to Use this Blog Site


This blog is about my battle with weight and the journey that ensued.

Along the way are some not so subtle side tales but, for the most part, it is in chronological order. If you want the story from the beginning, start on March 24, 2009 at "The Tipping Point", and read your way to today. Thanks and best of luck on your journey.


If you want to keep up with this blog, please become a 'follower' on the right and you will get updates when I add something.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

“Ughhhhh, now THAT’s Beachbody" Les Mills Combat: Day 3of 90



Okay.  Sore.  Yep, sore to the core.  Arms.  Lower back is a little sore.  Hamstrings too.  Neck and shoulders?  That one is a bit new.  Must have been the core weight work in the HIIT training.  There was a lot of dumbbell work and I was using the 15's.  Welcome to week one of a tough Beachbody routine.  I have blogged this before but I will blog it again…sore is good.  Sore is your body telling you that you are doing something better and harder that will result in better conditioning.  Pain is not good, but sore is your friend.  When you get sore, that is the first time you consider quitting.  Don’t.  This is my third time being sore at the start of a program.  You will get through it. 

Today is Combat 45 and Pump Challenge.  I am actually looking forward to Combat 45 to just activate the stiff areas.  I also have to remember to hydrate.  It’s winter.  My body gets really dehydrated in winter and I have to remember to hydrate heavily and reduce the coffee intake.  Fifty year old muscles have to stay limber.

Okay, I will let you know later how the Day Three workout goes!

Later:

Not bad.  I thought it would be worse.  I was sore when the workout started but I made sure to hydrate well.  So when the workout started, I was sore in many different places and had to shake out the cobwebs.  It took about 10 minutes and I was good.  I am still sore, but it is getting a lot better.  My body is responding.  The whole workout, including Pump, took about an hour and 5 minutes with the break I took in between.

I'm fifty years old.  If I can do it, you can too.  Stick with it.  Let your body absorb the changes.  It won't come without soreness or stiffness.  If you have pain, take a rest, but otherwise, you push through.  Keep going!
Tomorrow is rest day which means Ab Ripper X.  20 minutes of working the abs back into shape.  Stay with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment